There is no lack of festive cheer around the queen city this year. There are so many events starting as soon as this weekend. It seems like every part of the city is ready to celebrate with shopping, singing, tasty treats, holiday lights and much more. If you are in need of some community and holiday spirit, be sure to check out some of these amazing events, some for a limited time, and some that run throughout the holiday season.
- On weekends through December 17th, check out the Weihnachtsmarkt or Christmas Market at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery or OMB. There will be over 140 vendors for gifts, food, and photos with Santa. The event is free, but you will have to pay for any food, drink, or gifts. The brewery is open for food and drink service throughout the market and there is a playground to keep the little ones happy as well. Dog friendly, including photos with Santa.
- This weekend only, the Uptown Holiday Market will be held at One South Alleyway on Tryon Street in Uptown Charlotte. Made in the image of European Christmas markets, this event will feature handcrafted items and prepackaged foods with a variety of vendors.
- If cocktails are more your style, check out the Holiday Sip and Stroll at Fourth Ward. This classic uptown neighborhood is hosting a food and cocktail tasting with seasonal live music today, Friday, and Saturday from 5-9pm. Admission is $30-$60 depending on your ticket. You can upgrade and it will include tours of 3 festively decorated Victorian homes in the neighborhood. Starting from Alexander Michael’s Pub, you can walk around the picturesque neighborhood that harkens back to days of yore with festive refreshment stations.
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever is playing at the McColl Family Theatre. The show is playing weekends through December with evening and matinee times available. Tickets range from $18-$28. The 70 minute show is presented in one act and is a funny story for the whole family.
- Fun for the whole family can be had at Light the Knights at Truist Field. The 4th annual event helps celebrate the holidays with tubing, ice skating, holiday lights, and a holiday market. The event runs most days through January 1st, but check the calendar and buy your tickets early to assure admission. Tickets range from $15-$40 depending on if you want to do some or all activities.
- Winterfest at Carowinds is just the right place for many people throughout the holiday season. Included in the price of admission are light displays, ice skating, live entertainment, and holiday themed games. Select attractions will be running, in addition to carolers, a nightly parade, and holiday gift shops. Tickets can be purchased in advance for $24.99-$49.99.
- Speedway Christmas at Charlotte Motorspeedway is a great option for viewing holiday lights. You get to drive your car along the racetrack, enjoy holiday music, watch a holiday movie, and shop from vendors. Tickets start at $35 and many days and times are available.
No matter what your background, religion, or price point, there are so many holiday events to serve our community this year. Happy Holidays!
For more, see this article on Charlotte Axios