Ready to take a giant leap in 2019? Relocating to Charlotte might be in store for you this year and if it is, what better way to prepare than by setting some resolutions! Even better, set these New Year’s resolutions knowing that you can continue them in your new neighborhood here in Charlotte!
Resolutions are certainly not for everyone and even if you’re not one to set resolutions at the beginning of the year, it’s always beneficial to know what your new city has to offer. So, check off “Try Something New” and step into the Queen City.
This one’s a no-brainer. Food! Maybe one of your resolutions is to expand your pallet, or to spend more time with family and friends. Here are some of the top rated Charlotte restaurants according to a recent rating by Charlotte Agenda.
- Oyster lover? Try out Kindred, located in Davidson. Charlotte Agenda listed their crispy oysters with dill yogurt and Calabrian chili oil as a must-order!
- Have fun snipping your own slice of pizza at Stagioni located in Myers Park. Pizza is served on giant scissors!
- Foodies rejoice! Bardo is a cozy spot located in South End. Their menu is limited, offering just 13 dishes but rumor has it they’re incredible.
- If you like change, The Stanley is the spot for you! This restaurant frequently changes their menu, so often that within the first month, they had 25 versions according to Charlotte Agenda!
- You’ll have to plan ahead for this place. The highly sought after Barrington’s, located in South Park, is a small restaurant serving delicious plates created by the Queen City’s most famous chef, Bruce Moffett.
If one of your resolutions is to branch out and meet new people, Charlotte has a TON to do! From festivals and events to history and tours, you will be sure to meet other transplants and form new friendships!
Hoping to learn more about Charlotte but skip the history books? Hop on the Laugh and Learn with Funny Bus! Funny Bus is a 90-minute tour of the city that’s not just informative but similar to a comedy club. The tour is also now offering a PG version for children!
If a bus tour is a little too slow paced for your taste, check out Big City Hunt! This self-guided scavenger hunt through Charlotte is a race against a clock to solve 15 clues and is an excellent way to learn about the Queen City!
For all of you beer drinking, fitness transplants, don’t worry! Charlotte is no stranger to combining fitness and beer! Many Charlotte breweries offer running clubs followed up with pints. Meet other fitness fanatics while you relax after a long day of exploring the city.
Not a big runner but enjoy a tasty brew? Charlotte also offers a pedal-powered trolley mixer tour on the Trolley Pub! Hop on the trolley and pedal your way to and from breweries throughout the city.
Not that shopping is on the top of anyone’s resolution list but it is necessary if you’re making a move and it’s important to treat yourself! So head down to the Atherton Mill in South End. The shopping center offers a wide selection of stores in a unique spot.
For an even longer list of things to do in Charlotte, check out Top Things to Do in Charlotte!